Easy family meal for any night of the week!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- Servings: makes approx. 15 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 5 oz. can tomato paste
- 1/5 oz spaghetti sauce seasoning packet
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 16 oz low-fat cottage cheese
- 15 oz reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil 9 lasagna noodles to al dente.
- Over medium high heat, brown ground beef, breaking it into small pieces until brown.
- Add garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add tomato sauce, and seasoning packet and 3 cans of water.
- Turn to medium low heat and and cook until thickened.
- In a separate bowl, mix cottage cheese, ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and egg.
- To assemble: add 1/2 cup meat sauce to the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish. Add three lasagna noodles. Spread 1/3 of remaining meat sauce, sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and half of the cheese filling. Repeat with three noodles, 1/3 meat sauce, 1 cup mozzarella, and second half of cheese filling. End with last three noodles, 1/3 meat sauce, 1 cup mozzarella.
- Cover with tin foil and baked 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and broil for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sit about 15 minutes. (perfect time to drop in the garlic bread)
Simple meat sauce with ground beef, garlic, tomato paste, spaghetti seasoning packet and water.
Cheese filling layer with cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, egg and mozzarella cheese.
First layer, noodles, 1/3 meat sauce, 1 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cheese filling.
Repeat until you are ready to go in the oven for 45 minutes at 370 degrees.
Perfect out of the oven!