Perfect time of the year when rhubarb is in season!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Bake Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Servings: makes 20
I sometimes use affiliate links in my content for products that I use. This won’t cost you anything but helps to offset the recipe costs, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 cups diced rhubarb (I peel mine also)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 oz. strawberry jello packet
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, oatmeal and melted butter.
- Pat half of the mixture in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Pour 4 cups of rhubarb over the crumb mixture.
- Over medium heat, in a small saucepan, cook sugar, jello, water, cornstarch and vanilla until thick.
- Pour over rhubarb.
- Top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool and served with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, oatmeal and melted butter.
Should be crumbly in the bowl.
Press into the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan.
Prepare your rhubarb. 4 cups was equal to about 1 pound of rhubarb. I peel my rhubarb with a paring knife pulling the outside layers off as I go around the stalk.
An even dice of the rhubarb and then place it on top of your crumble crust.
Over medium heat, in a small saucepan, mix together sugar, jello, cold water, cornstarch and vanilla.
Cook the mixture until it is thick and coats your spoon.
Pour the filling over the diced rhubarb.
Crumble the remaining crust over the filling and bake for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Wonderful spring and summer dessert when fresh rhubarb is abundant!