Hello, I have been baking for as long as I can remember. My great aunt Grace started me with some amazing recipes and I have added and created along the way. I can’t wait to share with you!
I live in rural Wisconsin with my husband, three daughters, dog, cats, chickens and ducks!
These blueberry muffins make getting out of bed in the morning worth it!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine oats and orange juice, stir well.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, oil and egg, mix well.
- Stir in blueberries. (*if using frozen blueberries, don’t thaw or your batter will be blue)
- Spoon into muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan to cooling rack.
Add the steel cut oats and orange juice, mix to combine and saturate the oats.
This recipe is so easy, just add the additional ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, oil and egg and mix just until combined.
Add the blueberries. If you are using frozen berries, don’t thaw them or you will end up with blue batter!
Fill the muffins cups 2/3 the way full, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over each cup. To get the bakery style beautiful muffins grab a couple extra blueberries and place on top each cup.
Remove the muffins and set aside to cool!
These muffins are definitely my favorite. I have been using this recipe since I was 12 and what do they say, ” If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.”